Friday, September 7, 2012

The little red tomato


Woke up this morning to find... our little tomato is red! 
 
 Thanks to Joseph, who continued to give the plant careful attention even after it didn't seem like it would make it following a particulary dry and hot week in August.  So here it is today, standing proud on this exceptionally sunny September day!  I must admit, we're pretty proud
and having lots fun thinking of how to prepare it
 
But more importantly, this little plant has got me to reflect.  About the same time that we first noticed that it was fruiting, was about the same time I realized that something within me needed to change.  I was feeling anxious but wasn't quite sure where it was coming from.  So over the past few weeks, I took a step back from things that were out of my control, opened my mind, wrote, read, reached out, and I prayed.  And now I can see all this beauty around me.  I feel so much better.  Like this little plant, I didn't feel like much in August, but just look what a little TLC and patience can do! 
 
Let us remember not to let our lives get too busy so we can take time and enjoy the special little things in life, so we have time to just be.  Let us not dwell on things that we don't have and want so badly.  Some things take more time to grow and sometimes all it takes is an ackowledgment and patience to bring it into fruition. 
 
Today, I hope you find what you were looking for.
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Lovely post Jordan. You're so right- you do just have to take a step back sometimes. I always find that the little things are what make life so special. (and your tomato looks fantastic! :D) Hope you have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete