Saturday, May 19, 2012

A Super Moon and Scotch Broom


It's two weeks after the fact but I just wanted to share this picture I took of the super moon on May 5th.  On this particular night Joseph had gone to bed early - I stayed up to watch the moon rise from the deck and held my breath as I stole its soul.

And, did anyone notice, that same week, the scotch broom blossomed?  Although it is an invasive species and apparently quite destructive, I still appreciate its beauty. 

As I write this, I'm filled with excitement - tonight is a performance night!  On the program, Sibelius' Symphony No. 7 and Rachmaninoff's Piano Concerto No. 3 - two pieces I had no knowledge of before a month ago but have since fallen in love with. 

If you are attending tonight, I hope the music speaks to you, and that it says something beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment