Two nights ago, I had a dream - that I never thought was truly possible - come true; performing at Benaroya Hall's Mark Taper Auditorium!
To me, Benaroya Hall is one of the best places on earth. When my own personal world fell apart a few years ago, I came back to Seattle, closer to family and familiarity. I've got to thank my grand-mere who invited me to a Seattle Symphony rehearsal one day. It was from this experience that I met guest conductor Pablo Heras-Casado, who invited me to his concert. The night of the concert was transfigured. There was magic in the music, inviting me to feel emotions that I lacked. After that night, I attended as many Seattle Symphony concerts that I could afford. I also dove into my own music, practicing, determined to play with an orchestra again. Eleven months ago, I was accepted into the Rainier Symphony. That in and of itself, was is a great achievement, at least, for a young violinist with a day job - wink - but now, all of a sudden, I'm performing with Rainier Symphony on this very special stage at Benaroya, sharing Christmas joy to 2,000 people! I mean, what? Is this real life? Backstage I was thinking to myself, "Wow, what a full-circle moment. Look how far I've come! A few years ago, incomplete, uncertain. And now, just the opposite." It's hard to convey in words how thankful, fulfilled and joyful my heart was is, upon realizing that. It's truly overwhelming.
Love got me here. The Love of the Most High. The love of My Love. The love of parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. The love of dear, supportive, encouraging friends. And last but not least,
the love of music.

No comments:
Post a Comment