Thursday, February 16, 2012

Because this is what's right for me

You know that feeling when you find something - whether it be an article, a line in a movie, a piece of music, or maybe a sentence in a book - that is exactly what you were looking for?  It expresses your thoughts, feelings so perfectly that no other way could describe it better? 

I had a moment like that this morning when I read this poem written by Shel Silverstein.

The Voice

There is a voice inside of you
That whispers all day long,
"I feel that this is right for me,
I know that this is wrong."
No teacher, preacher, parent, friend
Or wise man can decide
What's right for you -- just listen to
the voice that speaks inside

This may come as a surprise to some, but I have decided not to serve with the Peace Corps.  There are many reasons why, but this little voice is the main one. 

Because this is what's right for me.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment