The other day, a friend jokingly told me that my "posts and picture uploads have been too happy lately." It made me smile. However, being me, I also can't help but analyze his statement. True - I like to emphasize the positives in my life as much as possible but I don't want to give the false impression that my life is all rainbows and puppies - it's not!
I often have fill my schedule to the brim which eventually becomes overwhelming. I came to one of those breaking points last night. This week, I've been caring for two loving but very demanding dogs and a sick cat. This equates to lack of sleep. Not to mention, I worked six days last week, have two concerts to prepare for and a move coming up... On that rare occurence when I have free time, I question myself, "Do I really have free time or am I forgetting something?" After the breaking point last night, I've scheduled a DO NOTHING DAY on Monday the 16th - as it's the only day this month I don't have anything scheduled!
Now, back to happy post time! I have a lot to smile about lately...
On Monday, I saw Radiohead at the Key Arena! It was amazing to hear them LIVE! And would you believe it? It was my first rock concert! ... Or maybe that doesn't surprise you.
On Friday, I'm going to McCaw Hall to see PNB's Carmina Burana! Months ago, I etched it into my memory when my friend Elise recommended it to me. Now, it's almost here! Can't wait!
Trip Like Animals has a show at the High Dive on Friday the 20th. I IMPLORE you to go! They play with Mothership and Ape Machine. Support indie music!
Then, that weekend, come listen to some lovely, powerful, emotional, classical music! Rainier Symphony is playing music by Elgar, Walton and Strauss. Ask me about tickets!
And the most exciting of all, Joe and I have found a place in West Seattle! And the move-in day is the 23rd!
And now, for some happy pictures as of late. ;)
![]() |
| Radioheads |
![]() |
| this is my view at work. i love dramatic springtime skies! |
![]() |
| there she is! our cute, little condo on the 2nd floor. |
![]() |
| did i mention our new place has a park right across the street? what the what? |
![]() |
| product placement. |
![]() |
| this is guinness, a ladro regular. |






No comments:
Post a Comment