Monday, April 30, 2012

Life lately








Life lately includes walks to the grocery store, trips to IKEA, building furniture, framing posters, and eating well!  Joseph has taken the kitchen by storm and making us very tasty meals - I'm very impressed!  I think my favorite so far is spicy shrimp tacos with avocados and roasted veggies. 

We don't have a TV nor do we have internet (I'm typing this up at the cafe) so we turn to the record player and our instruments when we have that oh so illusive free time!  The other night we jammed together, guitar and violin, for the first time.  It was a big step for me because it was the first time I improvised.  Gotta admit, it was pretty cool, getting lost in the music like that with someone so special. 

Another highlight this week was listening to my friend's new CD, sent all the way from Germany!  Fremdgang, check them out!  Hearing his voice made the world seem a lot smaller.  It made me think of all my friends overseas and I want them to know that they are always welcome to come stay with us! 

And I just received some exciting news - Grammy nominee, Alastair Willis will be covering rehearsal tomorrow night!  So excited to meet him! 

No comments:

Post a Comment