Look how different our instruments are. Imagine, this little black box makes vibrato! Want more bass? Just turn a knob! It's magic.
TLA had a show last night at the High Dive. I rushed myself on over after dress rehearsal and didn't miss a single note! Glad I didn't, because they put on a great show. I'm so proud!
Now it's my turn to perform! Tonight and tomorrow afternoon, with Rainier Symphony. It brings me so much joy to play with so many talented musicians, and to have the opportunity to play a piece that means so much to me, The Enigma Variations.
To recap, from a previous post, Elgar wrote a variation for significant people in his life. Each one is woven with the personality of the individual. At the end, Elgar puts them all together in one grand finale. For one, I think it was incredibly touching and thoughtful for Elgar to immortalize his loved ones in a piece of music. Secondly, it allows me to reflect on all the special people in my life, those who I see on a daily basis, and those I can no longer see. The music binds us. It's powerful and real, and I hope, that if you come hear us this weekend, that you will feel that connection as well. I will put my heart in it. There is no other way.




No comments:
Post a Comment