Saturday, September 21, 2013

Life Lately, Cannes

^ our place in Cannes comes with a garden and one of the prettiest kitties ever ^
 ^ pistachio macaron and a new bracelet ^
^ late night games of Rummy, wine and jazz ^
 ^ flea market find ^
^ the three of us - Joe, the kitty and I - have been doing a lot of this lately ^
 ^ this bougainvillea is now dried and pressed in the center of psalms ^
^ vanilla, salted caramel, and chocolate. ^
 ^ there are countless flavors but i think vanilla wins ^
 ^ on the way up the stairs to the terrace ^
 ^ a typical lunch for us these days, usually with smoked salmon, tomatoes, lettuce, basil and chevre ^
 ^our terrace is my favorite place in Cannes ^
 succulent heaven
morning essentials

On Instagram, the hashtag for our honeymoon has been #mrandmrsmolnergotofrance but since we've been in Cannes we've added #cannesilivehereforever.  At first, it took me awhile to get used to the slower pace - especially coming from the whirlwind of Paris - but after a week, I'm beginning to settle in and feel okay about simply being here and not having to go somewhere or see something.  Rarely do Joe and I get a chance to have a do-nothing-day back home so this has been a treat, and I've got to enjoy it while I can!  So I'm soaking up all the sun my fair skin will allow but there is a little part of me that envies the boot and scarf weather back home.

1 comment: