Good news! I get to stay in this amazing hostel - Oasis, which lives up to it's name - for two nights. My room is great, it has a terrace and on suite bathroom. There's also cozy terrace on the roof with views of the Alhambra!
Speaking of which... I went there today! Alhambra by day, and the Nasrid Palaces by night. Truly magical. I will share pictures later. The Alhambra is one of the reasons why I wanted to go to Spain so I had to keep pinching myself - am I really here?
The one thing that can be frustrating about Granada is also what I love best about it; narrow, winding streets that are easy to get lost in - even with a map! I got lost today, once on purpose and twice by accident but the colors, smells and sounds are too enchanting to get upset.
Granada is very colorful; the people, the clothes, the mosaics. The smells include teas, herbs, hookah and spices. At night, people perform music in the street, in bars, out of windows, both professionally and just for fun. I enjoy being a part of it all.
No comments:
Post a Comment