Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Hola from a Hostel

I did the math.  10 hour flight to Frankfurt, 6 hour layover, and a 1.5 hour flight to Barcelona. 

Waiting at the gate at SeaTac, I could see the rising full moon, and realized that I will be gone for a complete lunar cycle. 

There was a bomb scare in Frankfurt.  Lined up at the security check point and all of a sudden the crew is telling us to move out.  All of us in line couldn't really go anywhere but the first-class check-in.  But once we got there we were told we had to wait.  A lone bag had been discovered and they needed the police to check it out.  Once it was confiscated, we were allowed through and everything went smoothly thereafter. 

During my 6 hour layover, I found a quiet place to lay down and listen to Beethoven. 

The flight to Barcelona had more of an open seating feel.  Instead of the window seat, I found myself between two middle-aged men who didn't believe in wearing deodorant, but I can't complain; I'm in Barcelona!

I landed a little after 23h and found a bus to el centro de la ciudad aka city center.  Mapless, I didn't know where to get off but I figured it would be best to get off later rather than sooner so I could see more of the city.  I found an info booth with two very friendly men who gave me a map, a point in the right direction, and a wink.  Tonight, I'm staying at Be Sound Hostel, near the opera house.  They had one bed left at 24 euro, and I took it!  Buenas noches!

No comments:

Post a Comment