It's 21h. We're burning incense that a hippie gave me in Granada last week. Alex is making dinner - I offered to help but he said it's his turn - so I have some down time to blog.
This afternoon, Alex and I took a nice little hike with the dogs in the Sierra Nevada. I have my pictures already loaded on Facebook but I still have to choose my favorites to go in the Flickr account.
The landscape is rocky and dry. This time of year, things are starting to get more green. Grapes, figs, and almonds are in season now, and olives and pomogranites are right around the corner.
We walked first through a canyon. This was my favorite part of the hike. For one, it was in the shade! Secondly, because there were suspension bridges, and thirdly, there were parts of the path on the side of the rock where you had to hold on to the clif so you didn't fall into the water below. The drop was never too high in these parts, but it would still hurt if you were to fall down.
As we made our way higher, you can imagine there is no shade but the sun hitting the rosemary smelled so good and reminded me of when I went hiking Bibemus in Provence, France. The Spanish ibex - a type of mountain goat - likes the rocky landscape. We saw a few today.
Trekking back down towards the village of Monachil, we came across some vineyards, fig trees and blackberry bushes from which we harvested just a taste or two of grapes, figs and blackberries. And once we got into town, we had a couple beers. Since we got home, we've just been siesta-ing. Soon, we will enjoy what chef Alex has made us; a sauce made of veggies from the garden, eggs I collected this evening from the chicken coop, pasta, cheese, bread and did I just here the "pop" of a wine bottle? That's probably one of the best sounds in the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment