Friday, September 16, 2011

Tired and Troubled

Marco woke me up at 8h30 to let me know he cannot host me tonight.  I was really hoping I could get adequate sleep last night but I didn't get to sleep until after 3h and slept on the floor with no pillow.  Since then (3+ hours) I've been trying to figure out where the bus station is and schedules so I can leave Barcelona- I think it's time.  I cannot book online because I don't have a printer so I will have to find my way to the station and see what is available.  I may try going to Valencia (4 hours away by bus) or Granada (14 hours away by bus).  Frantically searching for couches, sending inquiries and hoping to hear back soon.  Looking up addresses to hostels, trying to figure out how the heck to get to them.  It's really hot and I'm close to tears.  There are no guarantees that I will be able to catch a bus today, or if I will find a place to stay.  Feeling pretty lonely and missing home.  Trying desperately to keep cool and enjoy the ride but right now it's especially difficult with little sleep, not much food, heavy bags and lack of concrete plans.   I greatly appreciate your support and positive thoughts.

P.S. Recieved an email telling me that my flights to Colombia has changed.  Instead of flying from Madrid to Cali then to Medellin, I will be flying from Madrid to Bogota then to Medellin.  The times have changed too of course.  A bit later this time.  I fly out of Madrid at 16h25 on the 27th, arrive in Bogota at 20h, then depart Bogota at 21h and arrive in Medellin at 21h52.  Thank goodness I have access to the internet!  Hopefully this doesn't mess with Jesko's plans too much; he will be picking me up at the airport. 

1 comment: