Friday, September 9, 2011

Santa Cruz

Day Three, we found ourselves walking the wharf in Santa Cruz.  Tons of sea lions!  And Pelicans!  The sand is so soft.  That evening we met up with Nick's friend Brandt on the porch of an old Victorian-era house turned cafe, called Caffe Pergolesi.  They served the coffee in tall glasses with a handle, like a skinny, glass beer stein.  Brandt's family lives up in the hills on a vineyard called Hawk Hilll. They give their pinot grapes to Mount Eden Winery.  Papa, have you heard of them?  Needless to say, we tasted last night - an '06 Pinot noir and an '08 Syrah.  You better believe we're bringing some back! 
Now it's Day Four and, while Brandt is working, Nick and I are going to make a trip to Monterey to visit the aquarium!  Brandt's parents are members and gave us free guest passes.  Then we'll meet back up at Hawk Hill vineyard to make pizza in their wood-burning oven.  I don't want to spend too much time on the computer, so I'll post some pictures - probably of a bunch of fish - later.

No comments:

Post a Comment