Monday, September 12, 2011

In Between

Well, I apologize for being behind on my blogging.  A quick one now just to catch up.  On Saturday, Nick and I drove 12 hours from Santa Cruz to Portland.  On Sunday, we got to walk around Portland, and have an amazing lunch from one of the many food vendor trucks before driving the rest of the way to Burien.  Last night, we met a group of our friends at Elliot Bay Brew Pub.  I was so happy to see them before heading off again.
This morning, before anything else I had coffee at Burien Press.  This might be the last day - this year - that I sit out back on their deck.  When I got back home it was time to unpack from California, and re-pack for Spain and Colombia.  I made a quick trip to Fry's to get an adapter, an extra battery for my camera (which is still charging - yikes!)  and a USB cord to load my pictures quickly from my memory card to my laptop.  I just finished packing.  Just trying to keep my fingers busy to help me relax and keep my mind off the pre-traveling worries.  You know, the kind of worries that one gets before going somewhere completely new.
I don't have a bed to sleep on, and no one to meet once I get to Barcelona tomorrow night but I do have some addresses of hostels written down in my journal, my laptop and some maps of the city.
Earlier today, I was asking myself, "why am I going to Spain?"  but then I asked, "why am I asking this question?"  Maybe the Why isn't important...
Until we meet again, take care.
Love,
Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment