Sunday, September 25, 2011

Rooftop Party

Imagine a cozy gathering of young families, where Spanish, German, English and even a little French was used in order to communicate - these kids are so lucky to be around all these languages!  This is where I was last night - on a rooftop terrace, looking out towards the Alhambra in the distance with these wonderful people.  I kept asking myself, "how did I get here?" and "is this for real?"  I felt so lucky to be there, to feel so welcome and comfrotable with people I'd just met.  These are friends of Alex, representing Spain, Germany and Colombia - is this some sort of sign?  In a couple of days I am going to Colombia to visit a German! 

Back to the party, Alex and I got there around 16h and stayed until sometime between 23h and 24h.  There was much drinking, but I drank slower than Alex so when it came to driving back home, I offered.  Thank goodness I can drive a stick shift!  It was my first time driving in another country and it was a success but once we got off the highway and into the town of Padul things got tricky.  There is a festival going on this weekend in Padul and so not only are there many one-way streets but the main roads are blocked off and I had to deal with lots of parked cars - making the narrow roads even more narrow - and pedestrians!  But I got us home safely, without a scratch! 

Today, I woke up feeling maybe just a little bit funky but after a breafast of coffee, bread, tomatoes, cucumbers and eggs - everything but the coffee and bread are from Alex's garden/chickens - I'm feeling much better and will soon hike the Sierra Nevadas!

No comments:

Post a Comment